Thank you to those who expressed interest last year in our soon-to-be completed allotments. The circular plot on site will be divided, at next weekend’s working bee. Please read below for more info about the allotments and the process for renting a plot.
** We currently have more expressions of interest than plots available. If you are reconsidering your interest in a plot, or if you are willing to wait until more are built, please let us know ASAP. If we still have more interest than plots once work in complete on Feb 1, names will be drawn at random.**
- The circular bed will be divided into 6 allotments of 2 sq. metres each, with 600mm pathways.
- Each allotment will be given an edge with pavers standing upright in the ground.
- All existing compost and lucerne will be mounded into the allotments, and chip mulch used in the pathways.
RENTAL PERIODS & PRICING
- Allotments are available for rent over two half year seasons;
- beginning of March – end of August
- beginning of September – end of February
- Allotments are charged at $35 / half season or $60 / full year. A $10 bond is also payable at the time of application.
- A key to the tool box will be provided on approval of application, however allotment holders are also welcome to bring their own tools.
- All payments are used, in full, to further the developments and maintenance of Bally’s Patch. No allotment incomes are used outside of Bally’s Patch community garden.
APPLICATION PROCESS & FORMS
- If you are not already, become a member of Bally’s Patch by completing the BVCC Ballys Patch Membership Form
- Read through the Allotment Policy prior to application.
- Complete the Application for Allotment form.
- Provide a signed copy of the Allotment Policy and included Code of Conduct with your application.
- Submit your application to our secretary Erika Lloyd either by email, mail or in person (details on the application form).
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or direct deposit.